Non teme le scuole aperte la rubrica (non) più giovane di Nerds Attack! Un diario di appunti del meglio (circolettato di rosso) ma soprattutto del peggio (circolettato di marrone) che il mondo dell’intrattenimento riesce a regalarci con estrema scioltezza quotidiana. Up & Down. E che nessuno si offenda vi augura buon divertimento.
* “After 50-Plus Years, UFO to Play Final Shows Ever in 2022″. Eh cazzo, era ora!!!
* “Phil Collins: ‘Vorrei suonare ancora, ma a malapena riesco a tenere in mano le bacchette'”. Ci dispiace umanamente. Artisticamente no.
* “I Guns N’ Roses e Dave Grohl fermati dal coprifuoco: il concerto sfora e il duetto viene tagliato. Al BottleRock Festival di Napa Valley la band e il leader dei Foo Fighters stavano eseguendo ‘Paradise City’ quando sono stati silenziati”. NA-PA-VALLEY NA-PA-VALLEY!!!
* No dai. A na certa basta. Judas Priest…
* “Hip-hop pioneer Afrika Bambaataa was sued in August for alleged sexual abuse and sex trafficking of a minor. The lawsuit, which was filed in New York State Supreme Court on Aug. 4 and details the alleged abuse, which allegedly took place from 1991-1995″.
* In attesa di smentite, precisazioni, processi, sentenze, condanne… noi mettiamo sempre in marrone color cacca i protagonisti di simili notizie. Come per Bambaataa anche Josh Homme al momento non ha un bel colore (update incluso).
— Nerds Attack! (@nerdsattack) September 11, 2021
+ Bennie Pete (Hot 8 Brass Band).
+ Warren Storm (Lil’ Band O’ Gold).
+ Maria Mendiola (Baccara).
So sad to read that María Mendiola, one half of Baccara (on the right), has passed away at the age of 69. Their single “Yes Sir, I Can Boogie” broke all sorts of records for a Spanish act (it sold 18 million copies worldwide). RIP. 🥲 pic.twitter.com/0mPPUbIEz5
— RetroPopBoy (@RetroPopBoy) September 11, 2021
+ Susan Anway (The Magnetic Fields).
It is with great sadness that we hear of the death of our first singer, Susan Anway. We met Susan in the 80's in Boston, when she was the singer of a local band, "V;". She sang lead vocals on the first two Magnetic Fields albums, "The Wayward Bus" and "Distant Plastic Trees".
— The Magnetic Fields (@TheMagFields) September 9, 2021
+ Timo Kaltio (Hanoi Rocks, Cherry Bombz, Izzy Stradlin…).
Rock in Peace, Timo Kaltio.
Made you a little memorial right next door to Hell House in Hollywood.
Thank you. You rock🎸🤘☮️😢😭@timokaltio#cheapandnasty #cherrybombz #gunsnroses #izzystradlin #hanoirocks #hairmetal #glamrock #andymccoy #michaelmonroe #sunsetstrip pic.twitter.com/2rhs3auuhn
— Mikayla Beyer (@SongBirdyGirl) September 4, 2021
+ Michael Chapman.
Peace to my dude Michael Chapman. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/hMqHYFznNo
— Ryley walker (@ryleywalker) September 10, 2021
* E per rimanere (purtroppo) in tema Hanoi Rocks, bellissimo Michael Monroe (sullo sfondo!) giudice a The Voice of Finland.
* Steve Jones e Paul Cook rispondono a John Lydon dopo la causa legale (naufragata) intentata dal loro ex-compagno dei Sex Pistols in relazione all’imminente biopic “Pistol”. “While John’s contribution is rightly acknowledged, his claims to be the only band member of consequence are hard to take. Steve, Paul and Glen [Matlock] started the band, and it was completed when John joined. All songs on the band’s seminal Never Mind the Bollocks album were written by Paul Cook, Steve Jones, Glen Matlock and [Johnny] Rotten except ‘Holidays in the Sun’ and ‘Bodies,’ which were penned by Cook, Jones, Rotten and [Sid] Vicious. In addition, Pistol is based on Steve Jones’ book Lonely Boy. The majority-rule agreement existed as a result — so no outside party could dictate the use of the band’s music. And to have a mechanism in place if one member was unfairly blocking the decision making process — which is what happened in this instance”.
John Lydon replica nuovamente: “When they say I was informed, they don’t certify a date. … Two-faced hypocrites. How are you gonna do a documentary on punk without, hate to be pretentious about this, without Mr. Rotten?”.
* Presentato in questi giorni al Toronto International Film Festival il documentario “Triumph: Rock & Roll Machine” che racconta la storia del devastante power rock trio canadese. Dirigono Sam Dunn e Marc Ricciardelli.
* 50 anni di ‘Imagine‘… così.
Dad doing a last moment fix of mum’s hair and choker is so cute: pic.twitter.com/AbOVAOKaC3
— Seán Ono Lennon (@seanonolennon) September 9, 2021
* Ad un anno circa dalla scomparsa di David Roback (Opal/Mazzy Star/Rain Parade), vengono messi in vendita 150 “pezzi” della sua attrezzatura musicale. “150 pieces of music gear that he used, including guitars, amps, microphones, headphones, pedals, synthesizers, sitars, a drum machine, a 54-piece harpsichord, a folding pump organ harmonium, and more, are up for sale on Techno Empire’s Reverb shop“. La vedova Hedi Roback racconta: “David was well known as a connoisseur of instruments and equipment. He was a natural producer who paid incredible attention to the detail of sound. He collected instruments and equipment throughout his life and what is left now are the pieces that were significant to him. Therefore, all the pieces were precious to David and had a use for him”.
* Da strumenti veri a strumenti giocattolo. La Lego lancia la Fender Stratocaster…
* I Kings Of Leon nello spazio…
Excited to share a peek into the #Inspiration4 mission payload! See how you can own a piece of history like the first NFT song to go to space from @KingsofLeon and other iconic items, benefiting the life-saving work of @StJude here on earth: https://t.co/OqIBOO2aPT pic.twitter.com/XSGkIbwYRd
— Inspiration4 (@inspiration4x) September 9, 2021
* Brava Soccer Mommy di mamma.
we're requiring proof of vaccination or negative covid pcr test within 72 hours at all upcoming shows. face masks required at as many shows as legally possible + strongly encouraged everywhere. please check your venue's website for additional information about the covid policies. pic.twitter.com/Jrn9lrPTUq
— soccer mommy (@sopharela) September 8, 2021
* Fuori l’8 ottobre “A life in vision”, la nuova biografia di Peter Gabriel di Alan Hewitt edita dalla Wymer Publishing. “A Life In Vision is a chronological, visual biography of Gabriel’s extraordinary and colourful career. From the early days of Genesis through to the present day it is crammed full of glorious photography, much of which is previously unpublished, along with a timeline narrative by Genesis aficionado Alan Hewitt”.
In concomitanza con la prurigginosa ristampa di ‘Kid A’ e ‘Amnesiac’, i Radiohead lanciano anche in collaborazione con la Epic Games “KID A MNESIA Exhibition”: “an upside-down digital/analog universe created from Thom Yorke and Stanley Donwood’s original artwork and audio design by Nigel Godrich. It commemorates the coming of age of Radiohead’s records, Kid A and Amnesiac“.
* Tanti auguri alla meravigliosa Jane Birkin. Ti aspettiamo. “Jane Birkin: Singer and actress recovering from stroke”. Un comunicato della famiglia fa sapere fortunatamente che l’artista sta bene dopo aver “suffered a minor form of stroke a few days ago”.
* Tanti complimenti invece a Paul Weller che il 31 agosto è diventato per la prima volta nonno. La figlia Leah Weller-Kurata e il marito Tomo Kurata hanno infatti annunciato l’arrivo del piccolo Kouzen.
* Incontri belli. Succede a Los Angeles tra Morrissey e Alison Martino figlia del mitico Al Martino (il crooner americano è scomparso nel 2009) che ha postato sorridente via social: “Well, this just happened… Morrissey has been performing some of dads songs on tour for several years now. It’s always been a thrill having Morrissey introduce dads music to an entire new generation of music heads. Today I ran into him and he just happened to have a signed record of dad’s that a fan gave to him at one of his shows in Vegas a few nights ago. As a teenager growing up on HIS music this meeting meant a lot to both of us. And how kind of him to send my mother and I a bottle of champagne”.
* Magnifico il murales realizzato ad Hackney per ricordare Keith Flint nel World Suicide Prevention day.
Thanks to everyone who donated to the fundraiser. Street artist @Akse_P19 has finished the mural of Keef for World Suicide Prevention day on Friday. The mural is on Beechwood Road in Hackney, near to the old site of the 4 Aces in Dalston. #raisetheroof pic.twitter.com/7zrml3nQPn
— The Prodigy (@the_prodigy) September 8, 2021
* Da Roma è tutto. Ian Svenonius sempre al top.
— Nerds Attack! (@nerdsattack) September 10, 2021
Il giorno della memoria. A 20 anni dall’11 settembre commovente l’esibizione di Bruce Springsteen a Lower Manhattan sulle note di ‘I’ll See You in My Dreams’.
* La copertina è dedicata a Jean-Paul Belmondo. Bébel ci ha salutato a 88 anni. La Francia lo ha omaggiato con un grande funerale sulle note del brano ‘Chi Mai’ di Ennio Morricone composto per il film “Joss il professionista”. Lacrime.
LARMES – Le cercueil quitte la cour d'honneur des Invalides sous les applaudissements… et au son de musique du film "Le Professionnel" #EnnioMorricone.
— TF1LeJT (@TF1LeJT) September 9, 2021