Non teme gli INGLESI la rubrica (non) più giovane di Nerds Attack! Un diario di appunti del meglio (circolettato di rosso) ma soprattutto del peggio (circolettato di marrone) che il mondo dell’intrattenimento riesce a regalarci con estrema scioltezza quotidiana. Up & Down. E che nessuno si offenda vi augura buon divertimento.
* Un’altra intervista al nipote. Ma soprattutto un’altra intervista homemade a Morrissey. Che ne ha per tutti. Dal Covid chiamato “Con-Vid” (truffa) allo stato di povertà in cui versano le persone, dalle tasse alla (presunta) condizione di schiavitù in cui è stata messa la popolazione durante questa pandemia. E poi la sua esclusione da radio e TV: “L’industria discografica mi ha sempre trattato come un esperimento finito male”. Qualcosa di vero c’è ma non ne possiamo più.
+ John Lawton (Lucifer’s Friend, Uriah Heep, Les Humphries Singers).
+ Byron Berline.
Byron Berline, Top Fiddler Who Played With Stones, Dylan, Flying Burritos and Bill Monroe, Dies at 77 https://t.co/uhliRH9pL1
— Variety (@Variety) July 12, 2021
+ Sanford Clark.
The singer was best known for his Top 10 hit "The Fool," which was later recorded by Elvis Presley. https://t.co/WancQfIhRi
— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) July 6, 2021
+ Rick Laird (Mahavishnu Orchestra).
RIP brother Rick Laird. What great memories we have . Miss you !!! pic.twitter.com/6cIW51uHSj
— John Mclaughlin (@jmcl_gtr) July 4, 2021
+ Raffaella Carrà.
Raffaella Carrà, Iconic Italian Pop Star, Dies at 78 https://t.co/sEge2dcLXn
— Variety (@Variety) July 5, 2021
* Gli allenamenti di una “giovane” Kylie Minogue… complimenti!
* Grande Tracey Thorn che anzichè vedere la semifinale Inghilterra – Danimarca avrebbe qualcosa di meglio da fare…
I have decided to stay well away from the football tonight as I have been accused of “being annoying” by talking during matches. In my defence I had some very interesting things to say to our youngest about The Raincoats, but perhaps that wasn’t the time.
— Tracey Thorn (@tracey_thorn) July 7, 2021
* Un’altra lettura interessante in uscita a fine settembre. A firma Barry Adamson.
My memoir will be published by Omnibus Press on 30th. Sept. The book is an intense, noir-ish, self examination, chronicling my years in Magazine, The Bad Seeds and then as a solo artist. Signed and limited edition box edition sets can be pre-ordered at https://t.co/RaLW1GvbYg pic.twitter.com/BuAXpp5DDI
— Barry Adamson (@AdamsonBarry) July 8, 2021
* Altre celebrazioni per i 30 anni di ‘Screamadelica’ dei Primal Scream.
* Bon Scott oggi avrebbe 75 anni. L’indimenticata voce degli AC/DC viene celebrata dalla famiglia con il lancio di un nuovo sito ufficiale. “On the occasion of what would have been his 75th birthday, the Bon Scott Estate (Ron’s two brothers and his nephew) are proud to launch the new website and take this important step toward elevating Bon’s legend and tending to his legacy. Bon was a unique singer, songwriter and character that the world should never forget. This is an invitation for Bon’s fans and friends to gather and share their memories and observations of him and his music. His legacy lives in the hearts and minds of those who love him”.
* Ansia e depressione. Ryan Adams senza filtri su Instagram. Dopo una serie di post che avevano fatto preoccupare i fan ecco il messaggio in cui spiega dettagliatamente la sua attuale condizione. E noi sempre qui a supportarlo.
“Feels like I should come in here and say something. I have been getting a lot of messages of concern and a lot of them offering support. I realize how fortunate I am for that. Most of my life has been being a crazy person, the kind of guy that writes a thousand songs and you prop up onstage to be the wild animal with all the feelings. I served a purpose and that very thing that gift was a benefit to others and in some instances meant being accepted. Then the party is over and the circus leaves town and a person like me is left with all the depression and anxiety, the weeks I can’t sleep or weeks where I only sleep. It’s been this thing I’ve spent my LIFE documenting in music. Transparently falling apart because THAT was when I would fit-in and be loved. I’ve lost a lot in my life. But never everything at once. And you know, in the days of trying to not die literally and spiritually I did that mostly alone. Then Theo died. And it was too much. So I’m really sorry to everyone I’m trying my best. I wrote a new album. There might be some shows soon. I’m working hard to not be depressed and anxious or just sad. Sadness is my mountain. I’ve been climbing a long time. Thank you for being patient with me to those who have. Or encouraged me. Or forgave me. Or offered a hand. Even the people who pop in to tell me I deserve to expire or worse, I love you too somehow. I really miss making music. It was like a campfire in the darkness. All my love”.
* Un grande regalo dai Portishead per una giusta causa.
Today, we released our cover of ABBA’s “SOS” exclusively on SoundCloud, it's the first time it'll be commercially available on a major streaming platform.
We will make a contribution to the UK mental health charity, MIND.https://t.co/HytKLBW7LJ
— Beth Gibbons (@realbethgibbons) July 8, 2021
* La 26enne americana Ashley Nicolette Frangipane meglio nota come Halsey svela in maniera originalissima la cover del suo prossimo album ‘If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power’ prodotto da Trent Reznor e Atticus Ross. L’artista che sta per diventare mamma, è legata allo sceneggiatore Alev Aydin, si è calata meravigliosamente tra le opere del Metropolitan Museum of Art.
This album is a concept album about the joys and horrors of pregnancy and childbirth. It was very important to me that the cover art conveyed the sentiment of my journey over the past few months. The dichotomy of the Madonna and the Whore. The idea that me as a sexual being and my body as a vessel and gift to my child are two concepts that can co-exist peacefully and powerfully. My body has belonged to the world in many different ways the past few years, and this image is my means of reclaiming my autonomy and establishing my pride and strength as a life force for my human being. This cover image celebrates pregnant and postpartum bodies as something beautiful, to be admired. We have a long way to go with eradicating the social stigma around bodies & breastfeeding. I hope this can be a step in the right direction! My fourth album, out August 27, 2021. Cover Photo by @lucasgarrrido
* Cartoline da Cannes inviate da Karen O che assieme a Ben Goldwasser (MGMT) ha realizzato alcune delle musiche per il film d’animazione “Where Is Anne Frank” diretto da Ari Folman e presentato proprio al festival francese. La frontwoman degli Yeah Yeah Yeahs la vediamo pronta per il red carpet che poi “calpesta” assieme proprio a Goldwasser.
* Un domenica “speciale” si trasforma in una domenica da ricordare grazie allo storico trionfo azzurro a Wembley. La copertina è dunque la COPERTINA. L’unica possibile. Quella di un commovente abbraccio. Da quello tra Messi e Neymar nel dopo vittoria Argentina sul Brasile in Coppa America a quello “nostro” tra Roberto Mancini e Gianluca Vialli. Una domenica da ricordare anche grazie al delirio social scatenato nell’attesa della partita e ovviamente subito dopo la fine. Ci dispiace tanto per i vari Mick Jagger, Paul Weller, Ron Wood, Liam Gallagher… e tutti i nostri amati beniamini musicali che in prossimità dell’inizio del match ci avevano tanto CREDUTO. Ma pensiamo anche a tutti quelli che alla fine hanno tanto GODUTO. Un sentimento anti-inglese che ad esempio ha mandato in tilt i neuroni di Anton Newcombe protagonista su Twitter di una serie di post fuori di testa. Riassumiamo qualcosina di seguito. E mai come questa volta: E CHE NESSUNO SI OFFENDA!
England is Crying…, speaking of crying, I wouldn’t want to be dressed as Mario or a pizza tonight on the tube – people are going to get beat. If I was Italian I would be practicing Spanish on my i-phone “no comprendi – espania- si abla espanol”
— anton newcombe (@antonnewcombe) July 11, 2021
Santo cazzo Madre di Cristo grazzi
— anton newcombe (@antonnewcombe) July 11, 2021
I love European football, always have. We are part of Europe despite what the UK govt may wish for. What a great tournament, what a privilege to be part of. Italy were the best team in it – by miles. Fuck brexit, fuck Boris Johnson. Tne Engish team were great but this guy… pic.twitter.com/NRbgmAuzWq
— the pastels (@pastels_the) July 11, 2021
Party time on Mulberry Street! https://t.co/5tr0vFJkkR
— Stevie Van Zandt (@StevieVanZandt) July 12, 2021
— luciano ghelfi (@lucianoghelfi) July 11, 2021