Non teme il fischio d’inizio la rubrica (non) più giovane di Nerds Attack! Un diario di appunti del meglio (circolettato di rosso) ma soprattutto del peggio (circolettato di marrone) che il mondo dell’intrattenimento riesce a regalarci con estrema scioltezza quotidiana. Up & Down. E che nessuno si offenda vi augura buon divertimento.
* Eccone un altro. Durante un intervista con Matt Morgan Noel Gallagher dice la sua sul Covid-19 e sull’uso delle mascherine. “Listen to me, it’s not a law, there’s too many fucking liberties being taken away from us now. I don’t give a fuck. I choose not to wear one and if I get the virus it’s on me, it’s not on anyone else. If every other cunt’s wearing a mask I’m not gonna catch it off them, and If I’ve got it then they’re not gonna catch it off me. I think it’s a piss take…”.
* Trai tanti da segnalare la risposta di David Brewis dei Field Music con una canzoncella scritta per Noel.
Wrote a little song for Noel. pic.twitter.com/OzTO9STiU6
— Field Music (@fieldmusicmusic) September 15, 2020
* Il video-social-polemico di Kanye West contro i Grammy. Egli ci piscia sopra. Le cose americane.
Trust me … I WONT STOP pic.twitter.com/RmVkqrSa4F
— ye (@kanyewest) September 16, 2020
* Su Repubblica.it ecco i “cinque album per una settimana” di Ernesto Assante. Tra questi anche quello dei Doves che vengono subito inglobati dall’ignoranza RUOCK: “Il rock ha ancora una sua ragion d’essere e i Doves lo sanno bene”. Manco alle elementari.
+ Peter Starkie (Skyhooks).
+ Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep/Ozzy Osbourne).
+ Pamela Hutchinson (The Emotions).
+ Dave Kusworth (The Jacobites/TV Eye/Dogs D’Amour…).
Saddened to hear about the passing of Dave Kusworth. That's him and Nikki Sudden both gone now.
— Mr Norman Blake (@MrNormanBlake1) September 19, 2020
* I Fu Manchu omaggiano e tributano il compianto Neil Peart dei Rush con una cover di ‘Working Man’ i cui proventi finiranno in beneficenza…
View this post on Instagram
In Tribute to The Professor, Neil Peart, we are releasing our version of @rush‘s "Working Man" that we recorded January 2020. All Proceeds will benefit Brain Tumor Research at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in his memory. Members of our band and our manager were in the audience on August 1, 2015 when this was the final song played by Neil, Geddy and Alex. We are forever grateful for all of the music and memories. Thanks to @carlsaff for donating his mastering services and to @weirdbeard72 for donating his art services. Thanks to Jim Monroe for the studio time, engineering & mixing hook up. Thanks to Meg and everyone in the Rush family. Thanks to John Raso for going the extra mile to help us get this out. This is a digital release only….for now. Link In Bio. #fumanchu #fumanchuband
* A due anni dalla chiusura Billy Corgan e la compagna Chloe Mendel (designer di professione) riaprono a Chicago, in una nuova location, il tea shop Madame Zuzus.
* Anche i New Order ispirano “moda”. Nasce la collaborazione tra la band e Adidas Spezial grazie all’amicizia col fondatore Gary Aspden. La linea è già disponibile in UK.
View this post on Instagram
‘Working on this adidas Spezial collaboration has been a different and stimulating experience, the first of its type for me. The project came about through our ongoing relationship with fellow northerner Gary Aspden who creates the Spezial capsule collection. This has been a hands-on and committed working process between all of us, with multiple visits to Germany, design meetings and sample reviews – it hasn't just been a signing off gesture. The process has been revealing, working and creating within the framework of what is and what isn’t possible. There are limitations to work within. For example, creating new toolings for footwear is very expensive, and also there are general – albeit wide ranging – brand guidelines that we had to operate within. But ultimately, the finished article has to have that adidas Spezial look and feel, combined and realised with the ideas that New Order have brought to this collaboration. It was the same when we first started using synthesizers in the early 1980s… the finite possibilities of what you could do with those machines actually became our guidelines and also an advantage i.e. you got the very best out of what they could do rather than just scratching the surface. It was a great experience working with the team over in Herzogenaurach. I was surprised and very pleased at what an internationally inclusive organisation adidas is. We worked alongside creative and helpful people from Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Denmark, the US and the UK – all working together towards getting the designs precise, achievable and representative of what we wanted.’ Bernard Sumner September 2020 Image courtesy of Warren Jackson – taken at the adidas HQ in Herzogenaurach, Germany in October 2019. ‘_nwrdrSPZL: a product release by new order and adidas’ will be revealed at 8am tomorrow on SHOWstudio.com and will be on sale on September 18th from adidas.com and Spezial stockists. This is chapter 2 of adidas Spezial Autumn 20. @wvk51 @neworderofficial #adidasspezial #neworder
* Dai New Order agli Happy Mondays. Quest’ultimi collaborano infatti con l’azienda Palace Skateboards e danno vita ad una serie di magliette, felpe e giacchetti con l’artwork che arriva direttamente anche dal singolo ‘Wrote for Luck’…
* L’impegno di Iggy Pop che “regala” alla PETA il singolo ‘Free’. “Anyone can see the pain and terror in these monkeys’ eyes. No one should have to suffer like this”.
* Un anno dopo si rinnova la collaborazione tra la Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams e Tyler, the Creator.
PLUTO BLEU: i made another flavor with JENI’S ICE CREAM
—pints / scoops available monday 9/21 @ jeni’s shops nationwide pic.twitter.com/Dlg7iTf1TJ
— Tyler, The Creator (@tylerthecreator) September 15, 2020
* Periodo pieno zeppo di “lanci” e “annunci”. Registriamo anche la joint venture tra la Sub Pop e Eddie Bauer. Le camicie di flanella non muoiono mai…
— Eddie Bauer (@eddiebauer) September 15, 2020
* E ancora le Go-Go’s fanno da testimonial per la bambola-icona degli ’80 “Courtney”, realizzata dal brand American Girl. Kathy Valentine: “I think what (American Girl) wants to do with the Courtney doll is bring attention to what that era was like for women. The feminist movement had come about in the ’60s and ’70s, and in the ’80s you started seeing women in politics more. You saw them going into tech and getting the results of the hard work of the feminist pioneers”.
* Curioso e divertente l’incontro tra gli amici Jason Momoa e Les Claypool documentato con una serie di foto davvero “cool”.
View this post on Instagram
@primusville @claypoolcellars I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH THIS OHANA. mahalo nui loa for taking us in and sharing your home. truly been the most amazing week so many beautiful things to come creating some amazing works of art with friends can’t wait to share our stories. #ontheroam. aloha j
* Nel business del vino ci finisce anche Kylie Minogue con il suo brand personale. “I am so excite to debut the first of the Collection series. The Côtes de Provence is my first vintage. I look forward to seeing and hearing how people enjoy this beautifully pale, blush Provencal rosé”.
— Kylie Minogue Wines (@kyliewines) September 14, 2020
* Copertina dedicata alla prorompente bellezza di Jennifer Lopez e Beyonce autentiche reginette di Instagram… in una sorta di saluto all’estate…