Non teme le discoteche la rubrica (non) più giovane di Nerds Attack! Un diario di appunti del meglio (circolettato di rosso) ma soprattutto del peggio (circolettato di marrone) che il mondo dell’intrattenimento riesce a regalarci con estrema scioltezza quotidiana. Up & Down. E che nessuno si offenda vi augura buon divertimento.
* “Mark Kozelek of Sun Kil Moon Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Three Women”. Un’altra brutta storia(ccia) di presunti abusi sessuali. Questa volta tocca a Mark Kozelek accusato da tre donne. Tutta la vicenda viene raccontata sulle pagine di Pitchfork.
“Hit parade, Guè Pequeno primo, ecco i Deep Purple“. NOI Italiani. Regressivi, abbrutiti, ignoranti.
+ Don Martin (Mi-Sex).
+ Elizabeth Dwyer. Addio alla mamma di Morrissey.
“Mamma Lay Softly“.
“The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount – my mother’s home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don’t care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match. I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart.”
+ Salome Bey.
We're hearing that the great Salome Bey has passed away.
Although born in New Jersey, she made Toronto her home in the 60's and became part of our musical landscape.
Our best wishes and love to her family and friends. pic.twitter.com/Tf7iYGOajW
— Jazzcast.ca (@JazzcastTO) August 9, 2020
+ Trini Lopez.
+ Pete Way (UFO/Waysted/Fastway).
One of of my favorite players from one of my favorite bands ever.
Farewell, Pete Way. pic.twitter.com/XVhvWoGrMX
— greg dulli (@MrGregDulli) August 14, 2020
* Per festeggiare l’uscita del nuovo album (‘Gold Record’) Bill Callahan e la Drag City presentano una miscela di caffè (“Breakfast“) che allieterà il palato nelle vostre prossime colazioni. “It’s a single origin from Colombia produced by Guillermo Rojas, with a nicely complex profile: much like the song itself, the coffee starts out strong, with “healthy fruit” (juicy, bright green apple notes), then ends righteously with a bittersweet dessert (bittersweet dark chocolate with sticky coconut sugar, y’all!). Just what we’re always looking for: an excellent pairing, and a great “Breakfast” overall. Listen to the track and grab yourself a bag of the roast today!”.
* Brian May ringrazia i vigili del fuoco del Surrey, Sussex e Hampshire per essere riusciti a domare le fiamme che stavano per divorare anche la sua dimora.
View this post on Instagram
FIREFIGHT in SURREY. I never imagined it could happen here in leafy, and normally damp, Surrey, England. We supported the fight against the immense fires in Australia, and watched sadly as fires ravaged California, but to see this happen in my own home county has been shocking and traumatic. These pictures show Anne Brummer and I this afternoon, surveying the forest fire which is still smouldering less than a mile from my own house and studio, and the fond relics of my entire life. Today Se were able to begin to thank the amazing firefighters who risked their lives to contain this huge and treacherous wild furnace on the heath land of Sunningdale Golf Course – which actually adjoins my property. Yesterday, I was rescuing as many precious things from my house as was practicable, under threat of the whole thing going up in flames, but praying that the horror would not happen. Today my prayers were answered – the fire is under control, but the danger is not over. While this dry heatwave lasts there is still a massive risk of a flare-up leading to disaster. Perhaps even more shocking was learning today that this wonderful force, which is alert 24 hours a day to protect us all, has become tragically undersupporyed in recent years. Just as the Government cuts sent the NHS into battle hideously crippled by lack of funding, the same lack of vision has rendered this country vulnerable to fires – with a fire fighting service criminally cut back in manpower and resources. Something has gone terribly wrong with our leaders’ decision-making process. As long as we prioritise short-term economic gains over the lives of our people and the welfare of those who protects us, we will be a nation continually in danger. It becomes more and more clear that a radical rethink is needed. THANK YOU, firefighters of Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire, and the maintenance team of Sunningdale Golf – for saving all our skins. And thanks Callum and Emily, George, and the nice man from Barcelona for giving us a backstage tour today. Incredible. Photo of Bri and Anne by Callum Strachan. Swipe for stereo views showing the still smoking edges of the huge area of destruction. Bri
* Lode ai Metallica che realizzano una partnership con la Wolverine mettendo in commercio un nuovo paio di “scarponi” (“Special Edition Metallica Scholars Hellcat“) i cui proventi andranno devoluti in beneficenza. “All proceeds from the collaboration will go toward benefitting trade-school students via the Metallica Scholars Initiative and the band’s All Within My Hands Foundation”.
* Segni distinti di civiltà arrivano da Newcastle. Il primo grande concerto (Sam Fender il protagonista ma è un dettaglio) a distanziamento sociale è andato in scena alla Virgin Money Unit Arena. Altro che tarante, ammassamenti sudati, festival per forza, ringraziamenti a San Gennaro.
— Virgin Money Unity Arena (@VMUnityArena) August 11, 2020
Sam Fender live in Newcastle tonight – the first socially distanced large scale concert. Very civilised. Seems to work. 600 pens with 5 family/friends per pen. Sensible loo/bar/food arrangements. It’s the future! And least for the foreseeable…… pic.twitter.com/WN0NJsyCXc
— Brian Ham (@_BrianHam) August 11, 2020
* Lode agli Hoodoo Gurus!
* Imminente l’uscita del documentario “Phil Lynott: Songs For While I’m Away” dedicato al genio del più grande artista irlandese di sempre. Phil Lynott viene celebrato dal regista Emer Reynolds con un imprescindibile film che viene così presentato: “As lead singer with Thin Lizzy, Philip Lynott was a songwriter, a poet, a dreamer, a wildman. Told extensively through the words of Phil himself and focusing on some of his iconic songs, the film aims to get to the heart of Philip – the father, the husband, the friend, the son, the rock icon, the poet and the dreamer”.