Non teme la sciatica la rubrica (non) più giovane di Nerds Attack! Un diario di appunti del meglio (circolettato di rosso) ma soprattutto del peggio (circolettato di marrone) che il mondo dell’intrattenimento riesce a regalarci con estrema scioltezza quotidiana. Up & Down. E che nessuno si offenda vi augura buon divertimento.
* “Former Kasabian Singer Tom Meighan Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Ex-Fiancée”. Bene così.
* La morte di Ennio Morricone scatena l’inverosimile. Sui media nazionali le solite sviste infantili generano anche ridicoli errori di questo genere riferiti all’età.
* Se parliamo poi di vera ignoranza la possiamo trovare a chili sui social. Twitter non fa eccezione e manda in tendenza… MORICONE.
* Anche all’estero però bei cani. Ecco l’esempio del Washington Post.
* La gaffe pacchiana di Loredana Bertè che su Facebook omaggia Morricone ricordando però Nino Rota e il “Padrino”.
* “Ozzy, wife Sharon and son Jack have come together for The Osbournes Want to Believe, marking the first time the three have shared a screen since The Osbournes premiered on MTV in 2002. The new eight-episode series will premiere August 2 on the Travel Channel”. Ci mancava una nuova serie TV di nonno Ozzy… rimaniamo impazienti.
+ Ennio Morricone.
+ Joe Porcaro.
+ Lil Marlo.
+ Charlie Daniels.
This #Legend @CharlieDaniels was at the core of my roots & influences in music. We recorded "Just As I Am" together for his Grammy winnin Gospel Album. "Oh lamb of God I come…I come" sings the hymn. An honor to call him my friend. Fiddle’s gonna be roarin in heaven tonight #RIP pic.twitter.com/LOhZiTMcUy
— Billy Ray Cyrus (@billyraycyrus) July 6, 2020
+ Judy Dyble (Fairport Convention/Trader Horne).
My lovely friend Judy Dyble @judydyble has passed away. I’ve had a good cry already. It was such a privilege to work with her, play on stage, visit her home and dogs and go shopping for shaving mugs and penguins. I was promsing her a visit post lockdown. Heartbroken. pic.twitter.com/vI856yWEVp
— Darren Hayman (@darrenhayman) July 12, 2020
* Morrissey ricorda Ennio Morricone…
* Sarà co-diretto da Martin Scorsese e David Tedeschi il nuovo documentario su David Joahnsen leader dei New York Dolls che furono. Il film ancora senza titolo viene così tratteggiato dal ricordo di Scorsese: “I’ve known David Johansen for decades, and his music has been a touchstone ever since I listened to the Dolls when I was making Mean Streets. Then and now, David’s music captures the energy and excitement of New York City. I often see him perform, and over the years I’ve gotten to know the depth of his musical inspirations. After seeing his show last year at the Café Carlyle, I knew I had to film it because it was so extraordinary to see the evolution of his life and his musical talent in such an intimate setting. For me, the show captured the true emotional potential of a live musical experience”.
* Neil Young dopo essersi espresso via social contro Trump e l’uso delle sue canzoni ai raduni politici, scrive direttamente una lettera “aperta” al Presidente USA.
“Dear Mr. President. Although I have repeatedly asked you to please not use my music because it indicates that I support your agenda, you have always played my songs anyway at your gatherings, with no regard for my rights, even calling me names on twitter. I did notice that you played my music at your latest rally in Dakota despite my previous requests. Because you are in charge of the Covid 19 response here in the USA, I will not sue you, (as certainly is my right) potentially distracting from your important work at hand protecting and saving American lives. With the enormous power you wield on our behalf, I wish you all the best in your critical battle to save American souls from this threat. I know you will do your best for all Americans, regardless of political leanings. I give you my encouragement in your efforts to Unify America. I suggest you listen to my song ‘Lookin’ For A Leader 2020’ available on my website, neilyoungarchives.com as part of a work I recently completed with my wife – ‘The Porch Episode’ as I believe it would be an interesting addition to your next rally. With respect for your office, Neil Young”.
* Si sta definendo, anzi terminando, la statua di Neil Peart ennesimo omaggio al grande batterista dei Rush scomparso qualche mese fa. Già a inizio anno gli era stato intitolato il pavilion al Lakeside Park di Port Dalhousie (siamo a St. Catharines in Ontario). Ora lo scultore Morgan MacDonald, dopo 1000 ore di lavoro, spera che la statua sia collocata proprio in quello stesso spazio. MacDonald è al lavoro anche sulla statua di Leonard Cohen.
* Continuano le iniziative della Noise For Now per sensibilizzare la gente ottusa ad utilizzare la mascherina. Ecco Lucy Dacus…
* Kim Gordon sempre attiva…
View this post on Instagram
COVID-19 has exposed our country's chronic systemic injustices; rates of infection are rising in overburdened Indigenous communities who lack PPE, healthcare, running water and food. Meanwhile, politicians have used the pandemic to impose state-level restrictions on abortion access and forced temporary health center closures, making it even more difficult for many families to access care. This disproportionately impacts people with low incomes, people of color, and those living in remote and extremely rural communities. . Here's what you can do: For every purchase of one @noisefornow X @seedingsovereignty mask or bandana, one mask will be donated to Seeding Sovereignty's Indigenous Impact Community Care Initiative for distribution to COVID-19 impacted Pueblos and reservations AND cash donations will be made to @seedingsovereignty's mutual aid work, and abortion funds serving Indigenous and undocumented people: @indigenouswomenrising and @mariposafund . Masks and bandanas ethically and sustainably made by @suaysewshop Link to purchase at @noisefornow in bio.
* E poi Petra Haden…
* I Fleet Foxes…
View this post on Instagram
Weird picture but listen / get yourself one of these masks ! : COVID-19 has exposed our country's chronic systemic injustices; rates of infection are rising in overburdened Indigenous communities who lack PPE, healthcare, running water and food. Meanwhile, politicians have used the pandemic to impose state-level restrictions on abortion access and forced temporary health center closures, making it even more difficult for many families to access care. This disproportionately impacts people with low incomes, people of color, and those living in remote and extremely rural communities. Here's what you can do: For every purchase of one @noisefornow X @seedingsovereignty mask or bandana, one mask will be donated to Seeding Sovereignty's Indigenous Impact Community Care Initiative for distribution to COVID-19 impacted Pueblos and reservations AND cash donations will be made to @seedingsovereignty's mutual aid work, and abortion funds serving Indigenous and undocumented people: @indigenouswomenrising and @mariposafund Masks and bandanas ethically and sustainably made by @suaysewshop Link to purchase in @noisefornow bio
* Chelsea Wolfe invece fa semplicemente pubblicità…
* I 45 anni di Jack White. E gli auguri speciali di Alison Mosshart.
* La copertina rimane in casa Third Man Records visto l’annuncio: “jack white, carla azar, and dominic davis filmed something in the third man blue room this week. before you ask/guess, it wasn’t new music or a new album, but what was it? you’ll find out in a few weeks”. Non ci resta che attendere!
* Ma un pensiero corre a John Travolta colpito dalla perdita dell’amata moglie, l’attrice Kelly Preston, da tempo coraggiosamente a battagliare contro il terribile male.
View this post on Instagram
It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my beautiful wife Kelly has lost her two-year battle with breast cancer. She fought a courageous fight with the love and support of so many. My family and I will forever be grateful to her doctors and nurses at MD Anderson Cancer Center, all the medical centers that have helped, as well as her many friends and loved ones who have been by her side. Kelly’s love and life will always be remembered. I will be taking some time to be there for my children who have lost their mother, so forgive me in advance if you don’t hear from us for a while. But please know that I will feel your outpouring of love in the weeks and months ahead as we heal. All my love, JT