“Prince’s body was discovered this morning in his Paisley Park home. He was 57 years old”.
“A representative at the Carver County, Minnesota sheriff’s office confirmed… that the office is still doing a death investigation and in the process of contacting the next of kin. He added that they would have more info soon.”
The Associated Press: “BREAKING: Publicist: Pop music superstar Prince has died at his home in suburban Minneapolis”.
Incredibile, impossibile, impensabile. Prince Rogers Nelson è morto all’età di 57 anni. Solo qualche giorno fa era stato colpito da una forte forma influenzale e l’aereo sul quale viaggiava costretto ad un atterraggio d’emergenza. Qualche ora dopo però lo stesso Prince, dimesso dall’ospedale, tranquillizzava tutti postando sereno sui social. Artista seminale, influente, determinante, innovatore, unico. Un gigante assoluto.
Obama: Today, the world lost a creative icon. Michelle and I join millions of fans from around the world in mourning the sudden death of Prince. Few artists have influenced the sound and trajectory of popular music more distinctly, or touched quite so many people with their talent. As one of the most gifted and prolific musicians of our time, Prince did it all. Funk. R&B. Rock and roll. He was a virtuoso instrumentalist, a brilliant bandleader, and an electrifying performer. “A strong spirit transcends rules,” Prince once said — and nobody’s spirit was stronger, bolder, or more creative. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, his band, and all who loved him.
UPDATE – According to Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson, Prince was found unresponsive in an elevator around 9:45 a.m. CT. First responders attempted to provide lifesaving CPR, but were unable to revive him. He was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.
UPDATE/2 – Prince visited a local pharmacy – Walgreens – at around 7pm on Wednesday night – TMZ reports.
UPDATE/3 – However, TMZ reports that six days ago, the musician was treated for a drug overdose. Following a concert in Atlanta Thursday night, Prince’s private plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois and he was rushed to the hospital. While representatives for Prince initially said he had been battling the flu, TMZ disputes this, adding that Prince received a “save shot,” which is typically given to counteract the effects of an opiate. TMZ also reports that doctors advised Prince to remain in the hospital overnight, but the singer opted to return home to Minnesota.
Aretha Franklin – “[He was] a very, very unique musical individual who was so into his music – he was music to the max. I think that he was a very explorative and as I said he was one of those artists that go into the studio and stayed in the studio – he would sleep in the studio. Myself when I finish recording as an artist I go home and I am through with it until it’s time for me to go back in the studio but some artists just stay in the studio because they love music like that.”
Il sindaco di Minneapolis Betsy Hodges: “For the residents of Minneapolis, the loss of Prince is too large to describe. His music brought untold joy to people all over the world. But in Minneapolis, it is different. It is harder here. Prince was a child of our city and his love of his hometown permeated many of his songs. Our pride in his accomplishments permeates our love of Minneapolis.”
Il toccante ricordo di Paul Westerberg.
UPDATE/4 – Prince’s publicist says the music superstar’s remains have been cremated and a small group of family, friends and musicians have celebrated his life in a private ceremony. Yvette Noel-Schure said in a statement Saturday that Prince’s remains have been cremated and their “final storage” will be private.
Tra i tantissimi tributi live riportiamo:
UPDATE/5 – La casa di Paisley Park come Graceland…
Nella giornata di domenica 24:
“A few hours ago, Prince was celebrated by a small group of his most beloved: family, friends and his musicians, in a private, beautiful ceremony to say a loving goodbye. Prince’s remains have been cremated and their final storage will remain private. We ask for your blessings and prayers of comfort for his family and close friends at this time. The cause of death remains unknown and it will be at least four weeks before we receive the results of the autopsy. An announcement will be made at a future date for a musical celebration.”
GIUGNO 2016 – Le cause della morte vengono svelate: “opiod overdose”. “Investigators have been reviewing whether Prince died of an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before his death”.
The autopsy report has been issued by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office showing that the singer had taken an accidental overdose of Fentanyl, a synthetic opiate that is normally prescribed to people who had built up a tolerance to more standard pain killers such as Percocet.