Non teme i draghi la rubrica (non) più giovane di Nerds Attack! Un diario di appunti del meglio (circolettato di rosso) ma soprattutto del peggio (circolettato di marrone) che il mondo dell’intrattenimento riesce a regalarci con estrema scioltezza quotidiana. Up & Down. E che nessuno si offenda vi augura buon divertimento.
* “Alberto Camerini 40 anni dopo ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll Robot’: «Ero famoso come Bowie»”. Ti vogliamo bene, però dai anche meno.
* Con i tuoi soldi puoi fare tutto quello che credi. Ma un giudizio estetico siamo liberi di farlo. Riguarda il diamante rosa da 24 milioni di dollari che il trapper Lil Uzi Vert (ispirandosi a Lil B) si è fatto impiantare sulla fronte. Dire brutto è poco. De gustibus non est disputandum, però limortaccitua che boro.
* Evan Rachel Wood e le accuse di abusi da parte di Marilyn Manson (Variety fa sapere che ci sarebbero altre quattro donne pronte a raccontare una triste “storia” simile) durante una relazione che all’epoca vedeva l’attrice 19enne e il cantante 38enne. “The name of my abuser is Brian Warner, also known to the world as Marilyn Manson. He started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrifically abused me for years. I was brainwashed and manipulated into submission. I am done living in fear of retaliation, slander, or blackmail. I am here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him before he ruins any more lives. I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent”. Gli effetti sono stati immediati.
La Loma Vista Recordings ha subito scaricato il signor Warner. Che viene successivamente fatto fuori da due serie televisive e dal manager di una vita Tony Ciulla.
Poi ecco proprio Manson che dai social dichiara: “Obviously, my life and my art have long been magnets for controversy, but these recent claims about me are horrible distortions of reality. My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how — and why — others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth”.
Anche Wes Borland (con Manson dall’agosto 2008 al maggio 2009) rincara la dose dalle pagine di Metal Sucks: “I was in the band for nine months. He’s not a great guy. Every single thing that people have said about him is fucking true. So relax about the allegations towards the women… like when people say [bad things about] these women that are coming after him right now… fuck off, they are speaking the truth”.
Poi tocca a Trent Reznor che via Pitchfork racconta: “I have been vocal over the years about my dislike of Manson as a person and cut ties with him nearly 25 years ago. As I said at the time, the passage from Manson’s memoir is a complete fabrication. I was infuriated and offended back when it came out and remain so today”.
Altra vecchia fiamma, Jenna Jameson, che dalle pagine del The Daily Mail…
Un’altra ex Rose McGowan scrive: “I am profoundly sorry to those who have suffered the abuse & mental torture of Marilyn Manson. When I say Hollywood is a cult, I mean the Entertainment industry including the music industry is a cult. Cult’s protect the rot at the top. Theirs is a sickness that must be stopped. The industrial fame complex chooses who they protect & who they’ll let be their victims. For profit. I stand with Evan Rachel Wood and all of those who have or will come forward. And please don’t pull out the ‘why did they take so much time to come forward?’ question that shames victims/survivors, it’s what stops others from coming forward. And to all of those who have covered for monsters, shame on you. Rise and say no more”.
In “difesa” invece Dita Von Teese che dal proprio profilo Instagram scrive: “I have been processing the news that broke Monday regarding Marilyn Manson. To those who have expressed your concerns of my well-being, I appreciate your kindness. Please know that the details made public do not match my personal experience during our 7 years together as a couple. Had they, I would not have married him in December 2005. I left 12 months later due to infidelity and drug abuse. Abuse of any kind has no place in any relationship. I urge those of you who have incurred abuse to take steps to heal and the strength to fully realize yourself. This is my sole statement on this matter. Thank you for respecting this request”.
Phoebe Bridgers ricorda invece un’esperienza in casa Manson:
The label knew, management knew, the band knew. Distancing themselves now, pretending to be shocked and horrified is fucking pathetic.— traitor joe (@phoebe_bridgers) February 4, 2021
L’attore Corey Feldman via Instagram rincara la dose in maniera davvero importante: “THE NIGHT MARILYN MANSON TRIED 2 USE & ABUSE ME AS HIS PLAY TOY BY TRYING 2 MANIPULATE ME N2 BREAKING MY 5 YRS of SOBRIETY 2 SNORT COCAINE W HIM, WHILE GAS LIGHTING ME 4 HIS PRESS TOUR ON #MECHANICALANIMALS WAS WHERE THE DECADES LONG MENTAL & EMOTIONAL ABUSE BEGAN! LUCKILY I WAS NOT PHYSICALLY HARMED THAT NIGHT AS WE GOT OUT SAFELY, BUT THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING OF MY NIGHTMARE! #ISTANDWITHEVAN & ANY & ALL SURVIVORS OF HIS DEMENTED ABUSE! Manson has been obsessed w me 4 over 2 decades! Dont #BELIEVE me? Just LOOK @ THE PUBLISHED FACTS! He 1st wrote several passages about me in his book #LONGROADOUTOFHELL as we had met a few months prior 2 that @ a Premier 4 #HOWARDSTERNSPRIVATEPARTS IN NY where the #GROOMING process began. He grabbed my face in front of the crowd and kissed me w his Black Lip Stick that I couldn’t rub off all night. He proceeded 2 gush over me telling me what a “Huge fan” of mine he was. He then introduced me 2 his BFF #BILLYCORGAN All of this is documented in his book! He brags about it as if I was a special needs person he was making fun of. However this encounter is not only talked about in his book but is also discussed in @jennacantlose Autobiography. She NOTES HIS OBSESSION WITH ME there. But several months passed b4 he released the book making me aware of his 2 sided nature. B4 the book came out Manson heavily pursued a friendship w me. Telling me I was his idol. Telling me he actually got his whole style by watching my film #DREAMALITTLEDREAM & my character #BOBBYKELLER was the inspiration 4 his entire look. Idk if that was #TRUTH but he used it as a way 2 manipulate me. Months later he called me on Xmas morning, 2 wish me a “merry Christmas” & invite 2 a dinner party around the release of his book, @ the fancy Indian Hollywood hang Dar Macrabe where customers sit around on pillows as in traditional Indian style. When I walked in the rm it was quite clear that I was the “guest of honor” as the whole room stopped 2 take pictures of the moment as he hugged me, then grabbed my hand, & led me 2 the table by his side. THE PIC IS FROM THAT MOMENT! We later went back 2 his home where the nightmare began. He has messed w my life ever since”.
A concludere (per ora) ci pensa Asia Argento che via Instagram: “AA+MM forever 🙊🤫 smash the all American New Puritanism 🤮🤯😵 #sickofitall #desplayyourdissent – if I had to talk about all the “disappointing” lovers in my life I’d write the Odyssey- The world of sex and desire is at best a psychotic realm that ought to be left alone – It’s anti life pro death anti fuck anti freedom anti anti anti anti. Fuck”. Meritata copertina per coerenza e follia.
+ Ricky Powell (Hip hop photographer and “Fourth” Beastie Boys).
+ Patsy Ann Noble.
+ Jim Weatherly.
+ Anne Feeney.
+ Stefan Cush (The Men They Couldn’t Hang).
+ Aaron Wegelin (Elf Power).
“We are very sad to say goodbye to our friend and bandmate Aaron Wegelin. Aaron toured the world with Elf Power and played on 5 of our early albums from 1996-2004. He later moved to Los Angeles and was a chef for many years. He was a master chef, specializing in Asian cuisine, and cooked some of the most delicious meals I’ve ever eaten. He recently had moved back to Athens and we had the chance to collaborate musically one last time to finish a long abandoned song that we started recording in 1997, with all of the bandmembers from that era adding overdubs and finishing the song. We’ll be using it as a bonus track for an upcoming vinyl reissue of one of our old albums. It was really nice to be able to reconnect musically again. Aaron’s drumming on the records and live was tasteful and nuanced; he knew when to hold back and tap along lightly and when to ferociously beat the shit out of the drums, often in the same song! I’ll miss his giggly laugh when he would get excited, his delicious meals, and his generous and kind spirit. We love you and miss you old friend”.
+ Matt Harris (The Posies, Oranger, Roky Erickson…).
“It is with a very heavy heart we acknowledge that the news circulating today is true. Matt Harris, bassist for the Posies from 2001 til 2014, has passed away. Matt lent his incredible skills, mischievous humor and abject sweetness to many Posies tours and his brilliant bass lines are captured on our albums “Every Kind of Light” (2005) and “Blood Candy” (2010). Rest well, Matt. You will be missed”.
+ Danny Ray.
Saddened to get the call that Danny Ray, famed MC and cape man for James Brown, died at 85 years old. He was like an Uncle to me as I traveled the world years ago w/ The Godfather of Soul. Danny will never be forgotten. Rest In Peace and Power, family. pic.twitter.com/R0IqLWhB6E— Reverend Al Sharpton (@TheRevAl) February 3, 2021
* Una delle canzoni più quadrate, coatte e sopravvalutate di sempre – ‘Enter Sandman‘ – utilizzata nel nuovo spot della Ford… perfetta.
* Il vaccino e Brian Wilson.
Everyone get your vaccine. Last line I wasn’t at Dodger Stadium I threw out the first pitch. pic.twitter.com/U1v7QhYxo9— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilsonLive) February 1, 2021
* Il disco più costoso mai messo in vendita su Discogs? Diventa questo 12″ del 2008, debutto del semi-sconosciuto DJ Scaramanga Silk. 30mila sterline il prezzo…
* Bruce Springsteen nello “spot” Jeep per il Super Bowl. Emozionante. Commovente. Da prima pagina.
* La bellissima esibizione di Phoebe Bridgers al SNL. Il secondo dei brani presentati è ‘I Know The End’ con tanto di “sorpresa” finale!
* E poi ovviamente c’è il Super Bowl (vinto da Tampa) con il suo Pregame Show e il suo Halftime Show. Prima dell’evento, davanti a 7500 “vaccinated health care workers”, Miley Cyrus si è divertita nel suo mondo kitsch assieme anche a Billy Idol e Joan Jett tra cover e ‘Plastic Hearts’.
* L’Halftime Show è stato portato a casa in pompa magna da The Weeknd. Applausi.