Le cure contro un cancro. “They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever”. Lo rivela Morrissey al El Mundo aggiungendo nel suo stile: “If I die, then I die. And if I don’t, then I don’t. Right now I feel good. I am aware that in some of my recent photos I look somewhat unhealthy, but that’s what illness can do. I’m not going to worry about that, I’ll rest when I’m dead”. A El Pais invece detta alcuni punti fondamentali riguardo l’industria musicale:
“1. The number one position on the charts is normally bought.
2. A label can sign an artist to bury him.
3. A company issues a press release saying their new discovery has sold 30 million records, when the actual figure is 30,000, but the media make it official truth.
4. The label strives to pay nothing and move all expenses to the artist, so that its income is clean profit.
5. Before listening to a record, the executives have already decided if it will triumph or not in the market.
6. The bosses are all men; the women who work in the industry are eternally girls, even if they are 52 years old.
7. Grammy Awards are previously divided between the labels, so that its executives can boast that they are au courant.”
Intanto nella prima uscita del tour europeo a Lisbona, i membri della band sono apparsi con la maglietta “FUCK HARVEST“. Di seguito la scaletta del concerto portoghese.
The Queen Is Dead
Certain People I Know
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
Trouble Loves Me
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
One Of Our Own
I’m Not A Man
Hand In Glove
Meat Is Murder
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
First Of The Gang To Die